The impact is infinite
Being a teacher is a truly rewarding career. You have the opportunity to make a vital difference in the lives of young people and help shape the future of society. If you want to know more about how to begin a career in teaching, you've come to the right place!
We are 1 of 179 teacher training providers accredited by the Department for Education (DfE) to deliver Initial Teacher Training (ITT) and strive to deliver an exciting and innovative teacher training programme by collaborating with our placement schools in the West London boroughs of Ealing, Harrow, Hillingdon and Hounslow.
There are many benefits when you embark on a career in teaching:
- A lasting impact: Embarking on the journey to become a teacher is a decision that can change not only your life, but the lives of countless children.
- Variety: Each day brings you new challenges and rewards, supporting personal and professional growth.
- Community: Join a thriving network of teachers across West London, with the chance to collaborate across professional learning communities, and access guidance and shared resources.
- A career path: Continue working with an age group or subject you love whilst gaining internationally recognised teaching qualifications. You’ll have opportunities for professional development in a range of areas, with clear pathways for career progression. Many of our former trainees have progressed into middle and senior leadership roles in our schools within 5 years earning at least £40,000.
- Competitive salary: Earn a competitive salary that increases immediately after you qualify and rises with experience. Teach West London offers both unsalaried and selected salaried programmes. Each school will determine the pay based on experience and other factors, but trainees joining on a salaried route can expect to earn between £24,415 – £25,831 in their training year (based on the Unqualified 1 pay scale for London schools, Sep 23-Aug 24 rates). Whether you train on the salaried or unsalaried route, after gaining QTS you will receive a salary of between £34,514 - £36,745 (M! London pay scale).
- Funding (non-salaried route):There are tax-free training bursaries and scholarships available via the non-salaried route for selected secondary subjects, awarded by the Department for Education (DfE) alongside student loan maintenance support. Bursaries range from £10,000-£28,000, and are available for applicants with a 1st, 2:1, 2:2, PhD or master’s degree. Scholarships range from £27,000-£30,000, and are awarded to high calibre students who pass a robust application and interview process.
- Wider benefits: As a teacher, you can also receive a wide range of other keyworker benefits including job security, excellent holiday leave, housing for keyworker schemes and access to a generous pension scheme.
- Purpose: A rewarding career with an unrivalled sense of job satisfaction and fulfilment, enabling you to have a crucial role in shaping the future of society. Every moment in teaching holds a world of potential.
- People: You’ll witness first-hand, the transformative power of education, as you help to guide students and set them on a path to discovery. It’s a chance to ignite curiosity, instil a love of learning, and nurture the potential that lies within every student.
The first step to becoming a qualified teacher in the UK is to commence an Initial Teacher Training (ITT) programme.
If you’re interested in teaching in West London, find out why you should train with Teach West London.
All Teach West London courses are full time and lead to QTS (Qualified Teacher Status) within one year.
If you’d like to find out if you qualify for the ITT programme, see our entry requirements in Who can teach?
If you're all ready to submit an application, check out How to apply for details of next steps.
We asked teachers in our West London schools what makes teaching so unique and special? This is what they said…
We also asked our teachers what advice they would give to anyone thinking about a career in teaching. This is what they said…
Find out why you should choose to train with Teach West London.
You could also join one of our upcoming get into teaching Events in person or online.
Find out about our courses.
If you have any questions about pursuing a career in teaching or would like to know more about our programme, please register your interest to receive more details or email [email protected] or call Teach West London on 020 3301 3180.
If you are ready to begin your ITT application process, select the How to Apply button below.